- 1 Development & Modding
- 2 Artistic Contribution
- 3 Python Scripting
- 4 Data Modding
- 5 Vega Strike The Game Mechanisms
- 6 Code-related Development
- 7 See also
Development & Modding
Developer information pages
General information on contribution:
- The Vega Strike Contributor's Guide
- GPU information database
- How to create MODs
- File and Directory Structure
Status/task list pages
- 3D Models - Organisation and contribution information.
- 2D Images - Organisation and contribution information.
- Roadmap - The Vega Strike development roadmap.
- Development:Compatibility - Making sure the game works on all hardware
- Development:Rebalance - Information and task list for the Rebalance.
- Development:Performance - Goals to achieve required performance
- Development:AI Navigation - Overhauling the ships' navigation routines
- Development:Misc Engine Work - Various engine and backend work information.
- Development:Ogre - Information on the OGRE port.
Further, the Art Style Guides might prove useful during your creationist endeavors.
There are also guidelines for sound and music creation available in Development:Audio.
The modeling related information is just being restructured.
- Guidelines Portal for Creating 3D Models is the main page for complete guidance on developing ship and installation models for Vega Strike
- Orbital Planet Surfaces - General guidance for development of planet surfaces visible from orbit.
- Generating star system backgrounds
- Creating and adding backgrounds for bases, planets, or capital ships
- Creating Cargo Graphics - Images to be displayed in the trading interface for cargo items.
- Cargo - Detailed descriptions of cargo items, listed by category.
- Faction Balancing - General guidelines to keep in mind when play balancing the Vega Strike factions.
Quests & Campaigns
- Quests & Campaigns Reference portal for creation of campaigns, missions, quests & adventures.
- Editing units.csv
- Adding new weapons to the game
- Adding new cargo to the game
- Putting ship and goods descriptions into the game
- Creating or editing star systems
- Making splash screens that display at startup
- Edit the relationships between the existing factions (the
- Adding new upgrades to the game
- Edit the navigation computer interface
- Creating a 3D cockpit for your ship
- Editing HUDs, placing radars
- Adding more conversation lines to the game
- Creating or editing news events
- Creating or editing Ship AI's
- Scripts & Tools - to make your life easier
- Unit Converter Manual - tool to convert Wavefront obj files to bfxm format including texture conversion, units stats editor, and visualization with Vega Strike.
- obj2obj converter (Perl, commandline) - Converts obj files to cockpit files. or extracts tag-data from the models. (At least that's what is planned, Testing under Win32/Linux. Pontiac)
- Out-Of-Game Player Tools
Vega Strike The Game Mechanisms
- Dependencies - A guide to system dependencies, broken down by subsystem.
- SVN Tree - A guide to the layout of the Subversion tree.
- Code style - A guide/manual to write code for Vegastrike that fits in and is readable.
- Network - Everything network related goes in here.
- Keyboard layout - Discuss and display new keyboard layouts here.