HowTo:Compile on OSX
|Compile from SVN||HowTos||Compile from the released source|
How to compile from SVN under OSX.
Getting the SVN-files
- Checkout the following modules ...
- data package:
- code package:
- data package:
- Visit HowTo:Checkout SVN to see how you check these modules out.
In order to compile Vega Strike there are a few things to check:
- Ensure you have installed XCode Tools from your OS installation disc.
- Various gcc versions included in XCode Tools releases may have bugs preventing the compilation of Vega Strike. Vega Strike is known to work, on OSX, with gcc version powerpc-apple-darwin8-gcc-4.0.0 (GCC) 4.0.0 20041026
- You should also install the Mac OSX 10.3.9 SDK from the same disk.
- Using Fink, make sure you install the following libraries:
libpng-devel<-- libpng 3 is recommended.
- Download the SDL source tarball, version 1.2.10 or later, compile, and install.
- Download and install the OpenAL framework. (Footnote: This is a PPC only framework. Intel core machines may require to compile OpenAL from source.)
The compile procedure should look like the following listing. Remember the configure part depends on above requirements.
cd ./vegastrike ./bootstrap-sh ./configure make vegastrike make soundserver
Note: You will require various options on configure, to specify the paths to the various libraries you have installed. Note: If you intend to build a binary to replace the that packaged in a release (ie in a .app), then you must use the configure command --enable-macosx-bundle
Compiling under MacIntel
In the vegastrike directory there is a script called intel-mac-conf.sh, edit this file in vi and point it to your dependencies directories (i.e for fink /sw/bin /sw/inc etc. or for Darwin Ports /opt/local/bin /opt/local/inc etc.)
- Note: the python from Darwin Ports did not seem to play with the configure script and I had to install python from fink to get the configure script to work.
Ok, Now run the script.
- Note: For some reason the configure script forces itself against the 10.3.9.sdk, that is no good for us as when you try to build the process has a fit as we have an intel processor and it needs a powerpc to compile, so navigate in finder to your source directory and open configure.ac, do a find and replace and replace all the MacOSX10.3.9.sdk with MacOSX10.4u.sdk, save the file and we should be set to go.
Do a make vegastrike, the shell script as been designed to create us a bundle app, once the build is finished just copy this into your existing bundle.
- Compiling from SVN under your favourite Unixlike OS
- "make clean/distclean" thread in the forum - A quite helpful thread about the make process.
- Dandandaman's website about VS on Mac including SVN builds.
|Compiling from SVN under your favourite Unixlike OS||HowTos||Compile from the released source|