Models and concept ideas
- 3D Model Sites@povworld - Various models and blueprints links.
- 3d total - "...offering a variety of training products, an inspirational gallery, a free texture library and hundreds of free tutorials on a variety of subjects". Take a look at "sci fi" section of gallery.
- Evelio's Babylon 5 3D Model Index - Babylon5 models
- Buda5 - Babylon5 models
- Sebastian Hyde's Portfolio Page - Star-Trek 3d-Models + textures + scenes + UI-art and more (Copyright Hasbro Interactive)
- Sci-Fi 3D: The Ultimate 3D Sci-Fi Resource - Models Babylon5, Star-Trek, Star-Wars and more
- Star Trek Mesh Collection
- Lightwave Group v3 - various lightwave models
- Battle Tech Movie Battletech low poly models
- SciFi Meshes
- The Free 3d Models
- TurboSquid - a big stock model shop, "3D Models, Plugins, Textures, and more", including free. Just check the licenses. And formats.
- 3DK.org (3DKingdom) - "Free 3ds max tutorials, 3D Models, Art Gallery, Textures, Materials and Forums".
- 3D Cafe - "Buy 3D Models, Sell 3D Models, Free 3D Models Download". Link and custom license are on the front page. Requires to submit 3 free models for access to free models database.
- Akebulan.com - "Free Low Poly Models (512k or less)".
- Models Bank - "Free 3D models".
- Free 3D Models & Petr Sinta Portfolio - "offering FREE CG resources...".
- NOCTUA Graphics - Resources (models, textures, materials (C4D, SLA), tutorials), including free.
- Blendswap.com - Blender-specific, obviously. A lot of models, many CC-zero licensed.
- The 3D Archive - "3D Model and Object Collection".
- See also: Kay's list "60 Excellent Free 3D Model Websites"
Maybe some of this images make good textures as well.
- Morguefile Not quite as big and huge as DeviantArt, but a lot less restrictive
- Stock Exchange - Even better than DeviantArt
- Brusheezy - Brushes.
- deviantArt - lots of free resources of various types. Don't forget to check the specific conditions (it may or may not be copyrighted), but there's a lot of resources, and even more potential reference and inspirational images.
- Category Resources - 3D models, fonts, brushes, tutorials...
- Category Stock Images - A massive collection of stock photography that is free for non-commercial use, meaning it's perfect for Vega Strike. Make sure you only snag stuff in the stock photos section.
- Category Fractal Art, with subcategories.
- Groups Epic Starships, The Final Frontier, Inner Space, Space Club, Star Dock - space-themed art, sky backgrounds, spaceships, relevant resources (e.g. planet and hull plate textures) and tutorials, etc.
- Groups The 3D Artist Club, 3D-Artists, 3D Modeling Club, AlphaMoonbase,Evolution Dsg (SP), FantasyAndSci-Fic, Game Development Art, Sci-Fi Archives, Sci-Fi Fans, Sci-Fi-Me, Sci-Fi Stock, Sci-Fi Tech, Transportation Design - lots of less closely related art and concepts, as well as tutorials, etc.
- Groups best textures, Just Textures, Kings and Queens of textures, Seamless Textures, Texture Central, Textured Insanity, Texturize, Totally Textures - textures.
- Groups Awesome Fonts, Temple of Typefaces, Type Design, Typography Love - fonts.
- Groups Best Resources, DarkStockers, Distant Fantasies, The Inspirations , one-stop stock- from artworks to tutorials to stock photo to fonts.
- Groups AllThingsFractal, FabulousFractals, FractalDreams, FractalEmporium, Fractal-Forms, Fractal Manipulations, Mandelbulbs, mandelbulb3d, Mandelbulbers, The-Fractal-Sphere, XtremeFractals - fractals and fractal-like art. Some make good reference images for living, pseudo-living or overcomplicated stuff (as just one example - "Mandelbulb Invasion Force"). Some include tips for making your own (e.g.: Parameter Pack For Mandelbulb 3d).
- CB-Stock, Stock Unrestricted - stock photo, renders, textures, models.
- Everything Is In Stock, The Stock Directory, Stock Supplies - stock photo, textures, brushes, tutorials.
- D.Maland - models, tutorials, renders.
- Enchantedgal-Stock - textures and photo.
- I. L. Jackson - lots of spaceship renders, including rather "gritty" ones.
- Hafunui - some resources and tutorials.
- Nobiax - a lot of free textures and models.
- savitch - models, stock images.
- sed - lots of art looking abstract and/or high-tech-y due to abundance of shiny metal and glass materials (see e.g. "Tesla Room").
- smashmethod - some resources and tutorials.
- J.Dugan - sample ships from a pro designer, most for "Starmada: Fleet Ops". Worth a good long look as an example of how different styles can fit together within the more general recognizable style of the game.
- Raphael Lacoste - great landscapes and cityscapes. Good examples of how to arrange the view of a large place.
- Behance. Everything from advertisement concepts to photo of performance art to game design to weird fonts to samples of Mandelbulber output. Need a fresh idea or prototype? Choose a theme and dig in.
- Fields of interest: Engineering, Industrial Design, UI/UX.
- Tags of interest: container, drone, engine, Engineering, futuristic, Gun, guns, heavy machinery, hitech, HUD, industrial, machinery, Military, Mining, modular, robot, robots, rocket, satellite, Scifi, sci-fi, science fiction, Space, spaceship, spaceships, ui design, Weapon, etc.